Thursday, May 19, 2011

Methods 1 and 2

I just have to tell you that I have had no formal training to be a library worker. I worked for 7 or 8 years in our church library, which gave me the courage to apply when our new town library needed a library clerk.



Reading this article and hearing the video has made me totally rethink my role here at our library. I am old enough to remember a library with wooden cases full of cards and rubber hand stamps for due dates. We had no idea then of all the wonderous things that were to come in the world of our future. As I look at the young people today, both in my family and here at the library, it makes me want to learn all I can about the new tools that are available to us all.



Can't say that I shall ever be "smarter than a 5th grader" but I do want to know how to use whatever resources  are available to me  and be able to help others with them.


So I am excited to get started with this course. 
I am ...
Believing God
Cheri

No comments:

Post a Comment