Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beyond Method 6

To E-book or not to e-book ... That is the question.  We have been wanting to look into e-book lending.  Being a small East Texas town we have not had requests for e-books as of yet but at least one board member and I own a "Kindle", so we are interested in how this all works.  From the information provided I feel that we need to wait for a time before trying to equip our library to lend e-books.  I think that in the not too distant future there will be advances in this area that will make it more do-able for a smaller library.


I have been aware of the Guttenberg Project since I was fairly young. My Father was legally blind and we had a LARGE record player and got books on record regularly. I remember thinking how cool it was to listen to someone read to me anytime I wanted.


http://www.gutenberg.org/files/2701/2701-h/2701-h.htm#2HCH0001
This is the link to the book I chose on the Guttenberg page. I have looked at it online and when I get home this evening I will add it to my "Kindle". I will let you know how that goes.


At the end of the day I love my e-reader and I know that with all the devices that can support e-books it is something that libraries will have to add to their inventory.

No comments:

Post a Comment